What is FLAC and FLAC
1. FLAC: FLAC is an an open format and royalty-free coding format for lossless compression of digital audio. FLAC is specifically designed for efficient packing of audio data. It is able to reduce the size of audio data by 40–50% by taking advantage of the characteristics of audio.
2. FLAC CUE: FLAC CUE can optionally be created when ripping a CD to FLAC including track order and pregap.
How to Split and Convert FLAC/FLAC CUE on Win/Mac
Many people want to have their own special phone ringtone with only a part of their favorite FLAC/FLAC CUE audio file. If you do not know how to make your own phone ringtone from FLAC/FLAC CUE audio file, then here is a guide which will show you how to split and convert FLAC/FLAC CUE on Windows/Mac to make your phone ringtone.
To get one clip of the whole FLAC/FLAC CUE audio file, you gonna need a FLAC splitter to cut off unwanted FLAC/FLAC CUE audio parts and just preserve you wanted segment out of a complete song. Besides, FLAC/FLAC CUE audio file can not be supported by almost all phones, so to be able to play the FLAC/FLAC CUE on your smart-phone, you should convert the FLAC/FLAC CUE to your phone supported audio format.
Here I suggest you to use Pavtube Video Converter for Windows/Mac. It is a FLAC/FLAC CUE splitter, which allows you to cut off unwanted FLAC/FLAC CUE audio parts, just save one clip of the whole song as your phone ringtone. Besides, it also a powerful FLAC/FLAC CUE audio converter, which enable you to convert FLAC/FLAC CUE to a more compatible audio format for iPhone, Galaxy Note, Blackberry, Xiaomi etc mobile phones playback.
PS. Requires OS:
1. Windows version: Windows 2003/XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1/Windows 10
2. Mac version: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard
Free download and install
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
Steps to Split and Convert FLAC/FLAC CUE on Win/Mac
Step 1. Load FLAC/FLAC CUE audio file
Click "File" icon to import FLAC/FLAC CUE files into it, or you can drag-and-drop directly. Then you will find a horn icon on the left that indicates it's an audio file.
Step 2: Set output format
Move your cursor to Format and choose "Common Audio > MP3 – MPEG Layer-3 Audio(*.mp3)" or "AAC - Advanced Audio Coding(*.aac)" as below:
PS. As listed above, there are several presets for other audio format; just choose one as your needs.
Step 3: Split FLAC/FLAC CUE file
Open "Video Editor" window and switch to the "Trim" tab, you can drag the slider bars to include the segment you want to remain, click the left square bracket to set start point, and click the right square bracket to set end point when previewing the FLAC/FLAC CUE audio or directly input specific values to "Start" and "End" box.
Step 3: Start converting FLAC/FLAC CUE to MP3/AAC.
Now back to the main interface and hit "Convert" to convert your FLAC/FLAC CUE audio files to your phone playable audio format.
Wait for a minute during the progress; after it completed, click "Open output folder" to locate the converted audio file.
Now, transfer the splited and converted FLAC/FLAC CUE audio clip to your phone, and set it as your phone ringtone. Then you will have a special ringtone made by yourself on your phone.
- The Best FLAC to WAV Converter - Convert FLAC to WAV Easily
- FLAC to OGG Solution - How to Convert FLAC to OGG
- Get Lossless FLAC from Pure Audio Blu-ray for Playback on Sonos with Hi-res Audio Quality
- Way to Convert AAC audio in MP4/MKV to AC3/MP3 and play in VLC on Mac
- How to Play Audio FLAC, OGG, WMA, APE, RAM on Apple Watch?