Summary: The drawback for PVR is that you can't indefinitely store the recorded television programs in PVR due to its limited hard disk, so we need to transfer the recorded PVR videos to your computer or other hard drive.
PVR files with .pvr extension are television videos recorded by PVR (Personal Video Recorder) device or software. PVR is also called DVR (digital video recorder). With PVR you can record television program while you are working or sleeping and watch it while you are free. PVR recorded files don't always use .pvr extension, but most of them are in MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 format. If you want to play these files on a tablet, you will find few of players or editors support them.
In this case, you need to convert TV recorded on a PVR to a format such as MP4/3GP that can be viewed on a tablet so you carry with you when you travel (copied across a home Wi-Fi network).In order to convert PVR to MP4, 3GP, etc, we will need a PVR Converter.
PVR Converter Mac/Windows
- To play PVR files on Mac OS X, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV, iTunes, QuickTime, etc, convert PVR files to MP4 and MOV formats;
- To edit PVR files in iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, etc, convert PVR files to MOV and ProRes formats;
- To play PVR videos in Windows, Windows Media Player, edit PVR in Windows Movie Maker or embed PVR in PowerPoint, convert PVR files to WMV and AVI formats;
- To play PVR movies in Android phones and tablets, convert PVR files to MP4, 3GP, MKV, WebM, etc;
- To upload PVR videos to websites to share with family, friends and the world, convert PVR files to MP4, MOV, AVI, WebM, FLV, and OGV formats;
- To play PVR files in Xbox 360, PlayStation etc game console, convert PVR videos to AVI, MOV, MP4, WMV, etc;
- Convert PVR clips to many other video and audio formats such as DV, RM, MXF, ASF, MP3, WAV, M4A, AAC, AIFF, CAF, DTS, etc;
- Edit PVR files such as trim to remove unwanted clips, compress PVR to smaller size, merge multiple PVR files into one, etc
How to Convert PVR TV Recordings to MP4/3GP for Tablet/Phone?
Step 1 Add PVR files
Directly drag and drop your target video files to the main interface of the program to load them. This is the easiest way to import files to the PVR Video Converter.
Step 2 Set MP4 as output format
Click "Profile" drop-down button of this PVR Converter to choose "H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)" as output format from "HD Video" category.
Tips: there are lots of output formats to choose. Select the one that will best suit your own goals.
Step 3 Convert PVR to MP4/3GP
Click "Convert" button of the program to convert PVR to MP4 fast. If you want the converted MP4 files in the folder where PVR files are, check "Output to Source Folder" before start conversion.
Once the conversion is done, you can play PVR files on tablet and phones anywhere without issues.
- How to Split, Modify or Compress Phantom 4 4K video for uploading to YouTube/Vimeo/Facebook
- How to Upload Sony XDCAM to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook Mac OS X El Capitan?
- Solutions for Trouble in Sharing iTunes on YouTube/Vimeo
- How to Upload Samsung NX1 H.265 Video to YouTube on Mac 10.10 Yosemite
- Upload iMovie Videos to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook